Saturday, December 31, 2011

Adult Kindergarten

Drafting Sent few emails to few people. I want to be the bigger person & insyaallah a better one next year.

I want a clean slate for 2012.

I want better things to myself and for Addara and The Quirky Birds next year. I've got so many things that i want to do, money i want to save and important things i need to buy.

I need to start being a better Muslim. That's the most important part. I'll be 26 next year. And i know too well that time flies fast. We might be dead tomorrow and the saddest and scariest part is, we might not have anything to bring with us. Someone i know tweeted this few days back "There's a thin line between syukur and kufur, you maybe the achiever. One may not have the dunya but they may have the akhira". Its true isn't it? We're too caught up in the worldly goods, things like these are often left out.

I've my highs and lows this year. It was a good year for me alhamdulillah.

I stopped making new year resolutions some time back. Because i know i'll end up not doing it. I believe its better to know what you want to do and what you must do in your heart and mind than to write it on a piece of paper. Papers go missing all the time, don't they?

I want to mix with the right crowd, with people who inspires me. With positive people. People who wants to do right things the right way. People who'll push me to be a better person. People who'll grow together with me. I wasted my teen years by not doing this. But looking back, it was worth it. The lessons. What i learnt by just being myself during the previous years taught me a lot, made me grow. It made me who i am now. There are some things that can't be learned from a book. The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited or erased. It can only be accepted. And i have accepted my past, the bridges i've burned, the people that i've loved and lost along the way.

I will learn to let go, learn that its okay to say no, learn that nothing in this world comes easy, learn that its okay to show/tell another person that you love them, learn to smile more, learn not to assume and judge, learn to wait, learn to be nice and learn to not over-think things.

Happiness is a choice. Honour your dreams. Make amends. Live, learn and love.

"For what its worth its never too late or in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, start whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people who have a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of, and if you find that you're not, i hope you have the strength to start all over again" - Benjamin Button

Goodbye 2011. It was nice meeting you.

No comments: