Friday, September 16, 2011

Lord Of The Ring

If you've been reading my blog for quite some time you should know that i refused to settle for anything else than my dream wedding ring. Click here to refresh your memory.

The perfect cut, perfect setting and the perfect brand, everything a girl wants in her wedding ring.

But, this was before i went to Tiffany & Co and tried on the ring myself. I was dissapointed. For a ring that's almost 20k, the diamond ciput okay and not sparkly. Dont lecture me on the 4Cs because i am no expert. Before, i wanted the ring so badly but i can happily say not anymore.

After that i went to Cartier with my sister. Fab rings they have. And tiny stones with my budget. I tried on a few. One with the 10k price tag i cant remember. It was a-okay. Then i tried on the 17k diamond. Same tiny size but hear this, after we got in the car my sis said "Kakaaaaaaak yang 17k tu diamond dia punya sparkle tu macam dok panah mata aku". Haha it was sparkly alright. But way out of my budget. I manusia sedar diri okay.

Like my dear friend Reena, i am not into jewellery too. Thats why i feel its okay to spend a bit more on the wedding ring because i know lepas tu memang takkan beli anything dah. For me a nice looking wedding ring (in my eyes) and a good watch is enough dah. Tak payah dok pakai berutas utas rantai emas rantai berlian segala mak nenek. I am no anak mami uolls.

After that ring hunting session, i decided not to look anymore. Until i went into this shop in Gurney Plaza to ask about nak polish my ring when i saw it ... i saw her, my dream ring, my love, the perfect size, the perfect cut, the perfect everything!

I looked at her and she looked back at me smiling, asking me to try her. I was scared to try because i know mati lah kalau try lepas ni memang semua sleepless night la. I tried a smaller stone walaupun hati menjerit suruh try that dream ring. And i managed to peek at her price tag, i heard and felt my heart break into thousands of tiny pieces. Thank goodness tak try.

I took out the ring i tried on, said thanks and left.

Price tag of my dream ring?

RM40,000. Double the price and size of the Tiffany & Co. ring.

Damn you beautiful rings for being so expensive. Damn youuuu

2 comments:

reena said...

Hahahaha! Beb, yg kita berkenan semua yg mahal2. Adoiyaiiii. Gila lah. Tak dak bajet satu hal. Pastu nak pakai pun takut. Hehe. P/S: I am no anak mami too! *High 5*

Melissa R. said...

i knoooooow. kalau beli dream ring, tak boleh buat kenduri haha hidup lah dengan dream ring tu, sigh