Friday, June 17, 2011

Memories

Being the eldest grandchild to my Malay grandparents, it used to be easy when my grandparents were still alive because they pampered me silly. Especially my Maktok. Oh how i miss her, tremendously. She was such an amazing and a loving grandmother. I wish i had more time with her.

How fast time flies that sometimes i feel like im stuck in time. Like the other day i wanted to buy a bag from Love Raina for my 'little' cousin. I thought she was 13. But she's not that little girl anymore. She's not my little cousin anymore. She's grown and she's taking her SPM this year. I had to check her Facebook to make sure she's 13 but boy was i so wrong. Thank goodness for social networking.

Is it just me? Am i the only one who sees my cousins the way i see them when we were kids? Because thats the fondest memory that i have of them; us playing hide and seek, ponteng puasa and making a lot of noises during Raya. I used to hate that they would follow my every move just because im the eldest. But i love being the eldest because of my Maktok. I miss being spoilt rotten by her. I rarely see my cousins because most of them live in Kedah and they hardly come down here and whenever they do i am never home. I guess thats why i still see them as kids because the times we spent together are the longest when we were a bunch of silly smelly kids.

And my dad, oh my Abah. He spoiled me too much. I miss being in the house just the two of us. Quiet just the way i like it. I think thats why i dont really enjoy family gatherings because i love the quietness of being in a house, the result of staying with him for years . Its much more peaceful. I cant function when there is too much noise going on. I get stress out. And im the kind of person who gets annoyed easily you see.

I know some might not agree with what i want in a family, you can have it anyway you want. But this is the way i prefer mine. We're all not the same. But i dont have my own family yet, so i dont know if in the future i would still like for mine to be this way. We shall see, insyaallah.

Father's Day is this weekend. I need to get fresh flowers for my Abah's grave. I have not seen him for quite some time. But i should this weekend. I should make time for him.

Happy Father's Day Abah. I dont write much about you because it breaks my heart to write things about you.

It makes me sad. I wish you were here.

I love you.

No comments: