Friday, March 11, 2011

8.9 Magnitude Earthquake In Japan

My thoughts and prayers to those in Japan. And i really hope my family is safe. I am so worried not being able to get through my mother's phone. Its so crazy.


For more news: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-11/tokyo-buildings-shaken-by-7-9-earthquake-highest-tsunami-warning-issued.html or http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia-pacific/2011/03/2011311607470826.html

Update:

I. I cant get a hold of my mother still, but my cousin in Hong Kong just spoke with a contact of his at the Tokyo American Club and apparently Yokohama hasnt suffered much damage. Alhamdulillah. Im glad to hear this. I hope everything is well with my family there.

II. Tsunami alert for New Zealand, the Philippines, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Hawaii and others. Waves
expected over the next few hours, caused by the 8.9 magnitude earthquake in Japan.

III. When the earthquake hit, my brother and step dad were out on the road and my step dad managed to contact the neighbor only few hours after that to inform about their wellbeing. They got stuck in the massive jam for few hours and went home safely around 11.30pm Malaysian time. My family is safe and sound, alhamdulillah. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers dear friends. May God bless your kindness.

IV. 60 dead, 59 missing. A ship carrying 100 people was swept away by the tsunami. Widespread fires burnt out of control. Four million homes were said to be without electricity. Masyaallah. Let us all pray for those in Japan and those affected by the tsunami.

V. The waves destroyed more than 3000 homes. 548 missing, 178 confirmed dead and 947 injured. A ship of 100 people were swept away and trains went missing. My heart and prayers goes out to Japan during this difficult time. May Allah SWT make it easy for you people. Amin.

VI. Photos of before and after; http://www.abc.net.au/news/events/japan-quake-2011/beforeafter.htm Move your mouse over the photo to see the damage

No comments: