Monday, October 10, 2011

The Lost Heirloom

I bought a pretty kebaya few years back that i thought of passing down to my future kids and grandkids. Its a perfect little something as an heirloom. I loved that kebaya i really do.

I am now a size M more or less and sadly i cant wear it anymore because the kebaya is an XS size so i kept it nicely in the closet where i can see it everyday. I made a mistake by borrowing it to a friend. I am not blaming her, i am at fault. I know i wanted to pass it down as an heirloom, i should've kept it properly.

Now its gone. Eventhough the friend offered me to pay RM400 for the kebaya, i know no amount can replace it. Buying a new one wont feel as same. The kebaya i bought has a sentimental value. I saved up just to get it because it wasnt cheap and i was moneyless at that time but i really truly wanted it so i gave the aunty a deposit first to reserve it and during the last few days before Raya i managed to collect enough cash to take it ... My friend kept texting and she called few times ... she banked in half of the sum yesterday but somehow i can't bring myself to reply or answer her calls.

I dont think i can make her understand how much that kebaya meant to me.

No comments: